Thursday, January 30, 2014

Gorgeous Lace Hearts

Hi friends!  I hope your week is going well.  I'm excited to let you know that today I am Guest Designer over on the Spellbinders Blog.  One of the dies I am highlighting is this gorgeous Lace Hearts.  I love it because there are actually several pieces to the set and they are all interchangeable so you can get a different look over and over again.  This combination is my favorite because it looks so much like a doily to me!

Supplies: Die - Spellbinders S5-204; Stamp - JustRite - Hugs and Kisses Sentiments; Pearls - KaiserCrafts; Cardstock - Bazzill; Pattern Paper - Authentique Flourish (Cheer); Lace - Jolee's

I was working at our lss today and I realized that I hadn't yet made a store sample with this beautiful die so I made one on the spot.  Three customers who just saw it action decided they needed to snatch it up!

To create the blue heart background, I just traced around the Heart 1 inset and cut it out by hand.  Then I glued it behind the white heart.  I didn't have many other dies on hand so I just stamped my sentiment and hand cut a banner.  The line of paper from Authentique was another source of inspiration for me.  I love all the rich colored roses.  I love roses period!  But there is something about pink and teal together.  I also really love red and teal together for Valentine's day. anyway, a bit of lace and pearls is all you need to finish off this Valentine's Day card!

Hope you've been inspired!  Thanks so much for stopping by!


Anonymous said...

So pretty Julie!!
Kim Hpuke

robinann17 said...

What a beautiful Valentine card - gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous design and a Valentine with Turquoise!!!
Thank you for sharing!

Marianne #6701 in AZ said...

Julie,I am very inspired! I love the look of the lacy heart, but seeing it on your card is what inspires me!

Marianne #6701 in AZ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.


Related Posts with Thumbnails